Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oh, George.....

Remember that childhood fantasy you had of growing up and marrying some hot pop star? Krista's love interest was Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran. But mine.....

Mine was George Michael. Little did I know that I had not a chance in hell, seeing as he doesn't swing my way. But this was way back before the bathroom incident, before anyone else knew. Well, maybe some smarter folks guessed. But, as a preteen girl with a crush, I was pretty clueless. Looking back now, I'm not sure how the hopping around the stage in pink satin shorts didn't give it away. I blame it on the 80's. Anyway, he is releasing a new album on April 1. AND going on tour in North America for the first time in 17 years. Hmm, I wonder if I could drag Bobby to Chicago to see him in concert? Unfortunately, that is the closest show. What do you think?
He is still one heck of a singer, even though he broke my heart. I'm not sure I ever fully recovered. Oh, to be young and blind, er, naive. (Oh, hey, push pause on the playlist way down on the bottom to watch the video)

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I was one of those love sick teens as well! He is still quite a handsome man... even though he swings the other way. That would be a fun concert to go to! Let us know if you do go!!!

Special K said...

Bummer that he plays for the other team. But he's still a beautiful man. I can't believe I just watched that whole video waiting for him to do something other than lean on the wall. Must of been low budget...

Special K said...

Oh and thanks for outing my Simon Le Bon crush....
:P