Monday, October 20, 2008

Fall porches

Melissa at The Inspired Room is hosting a Fall drive by. I drove through a couple small towns with several historic homes hoping to find some fallish decor, and was surprised by the lack of participation.
This house really got into the spirit though.

A couple "ghosties". There were more hanging in their trees.


Ignore all the signs in the front yard. (Unless you're in the market for a "new" old house).

I particularly like the statue holding the jack o lantern.

Another very "spirited" house.


I thought this was a cute little porch with it's row of pumpkins and gourds above the door.


And some Mums, from my own front porch. That's about the extent of my porch decorating so far.

Go check out some more porches here!




9 comments:

Ms. Tee said...

Your pictures are cute, and so is your banner. :) I think pumpkins and mums are plenty decoration - your's are so bright and vibrant. THanks for sharing them.

beth at aunties said...

Wow, you did find some pretty goulish signs that Halloween is just around the corner. But coming home must have felt better to see the bright welcome of sunshine on your own porch. I love the true fall colors and yours are so pretty!

Beth

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, you found some scary decor as well as some pretty porches! I am completely in love with some of those houses, especially that one for sale!

Thanks for joining in on the fun!

:-) Your kids are so adorable, love that banner photo!

Melissa

Maven said...

I love the way people in the US get into the spirit of seasonal decorating. I'm very into it here in Canada but it isn't the norm.

You got some wonderful shots :-)

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I'm in love with that porch on the first house!! Swoon...

Even if you had a tough time finding participants, it looks like the homes you stumbled on REALLY got into it! And I'm a pumpkin-mum kinda gal so I completely appreciate your display. :-)

Emily@remodelingthislife said...

I am surprised some of those gorgeous homes put out some not so classically beatuiful fall decor. I love the houses and the ghouly fun though! I also love the house that is for sale! And so far all that's on my porch is some mums and pumpkins too. I'm working on it! :)

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

That red screen door just pops. Love the gourds above it...such a novel idea and probably spares the homeowner smashed pumpkins...good thinking!

Charli and me said...

Your pictures were awesome! I love your music too. Great post!

Jinx said...

Simple mums say it all!!

Thanks for the tour, you found some great porches!