Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I helped

Turn Ohio Blue!
I cannot even describe the feelings I had as I listened to Obama's victory speech last night. Excitement, hope, peace....... I know many others are feeling the same way. What a historic and hopeful time we are in. I was so happy when I watched Ohio turn blue on the map. I remember 4 years ago when it didn't. I remember what I felt then, the disappointment, the fear, the grief, like my vote didn't count, my voice wasn't heard. But last night, the world heard loud and clear that Americans are ready for change, we're ready for hope.
And I believe this man, gave us that hope.
Now that the election is over, and history has been made, I will get back to the taleing of the T's. Unless I feel like talking politics, because that's just how I operate. I'm a spontaneous, fly off the handle, lack of a filter kind of girl. Oh wait, one more political thing. So Travis, my 8 yr old comes downstairs to tell me goodnight last night. I was watching MSNBC. He saw that McCain had won, I don't know, like Alabama, and thought that meant he won the election. He seemed a little disappointed. I'm not sure why because I certainly don't discuss political things with my kids. I figure there is time for that when they are old enough to understand the issues. But somehow, both my boys picked up tidbits from school and decided who they liked. According to their friends, McCain is old and is about to die, and he is going to raise taxes. Where do kids get this stuff from?
Anyway, I tell him that no, that just means McCain won that state, but the election isn't over.
So he asks me, can you come and wake me up if Obama wins?
I say, can't I just tell you in the morning?
No, you have to come and wake me up to tell me.
Needless to say, I didn't wake him up.
I am proud though that my 11 yr old has supported the Democrats for the last 4 years, with no prodding from me. Really.
So, back to the T's.....
My baby girl slept 7-8 hours the last two nights in a row. I don't know how, or even if it will ever happen again, but I am thankful. We've been putting her to bed in her crib, which is a little weird for me, because I'm normally a co sleeper, but it's what works for her. I still bring her to bed with me to nurse when she wakes up between 4 and 5, but she is falling into her own schedule. It's a nice change. Tatum was so high needs, she didn't sleep in her crib for a year. And still woke through the night until then. I just started Teagan out in our bed because of my experience with Tatum. I have to admit, I'm kind of liking this schedule thing.
Tess is a bit of a self soother, when she's sleepy. Thanks to this, the thumb

Tess likes her big brother, almost as much as her thumb. He just has to stand there and she smiles at him. Not fair. I have to work to get the grins out of her. She is getting more vocal too. She coos and gurgles and agoos. I know, not a real word, but that's what she says.

My sweet Tatum, when she's sleeping anyway. She apparently was too tired to go to bed and passed out on the couch instead.
How she slept like that, I don't even know. To see her cute ballet pics, you'll have to check out Krista's blog. I had to work on her observation night. They only let the parents watch every 9 weeks or so. It's all secretive like. According to Krista, Tatum is doing really well. She seems to be a natural. Which isn't too surprising, since she loves to be the center of attention. Check out the pics over there. She is pretty darn cute.









1 comment:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

That is the CUTEST baby. So sweet.

I'm proud to say I helped Ohio go blue, too. Woo-hoo! I wasn't sure we could pull it off, frankly. The Victory Speech was so amazing that I almost wish I had woken my children that night to witness history (but I was being too practical).