Saturday, February 14, 2009

Money, money, money

Or should I say taxes, taxes, taxes? Nope, I'll say money, money, money. Cuz I'm getting some back. A surprising amount too, considering I upped my deductions on my W4 last year. Yeah, I kind of figured, having 5 kids and all, I should probably increase my deductions from 1 to 4 at least.

Surprisingly enough, if you got a crap load of kids, you won't owe any taxes. I knew there was a reason I had all these kids. Just kidding. It was my money to begin with, remember? The govt was just borrowing it briefly and doing a piss poor job at it, at that.

Anyway, for those of you cheappos like me who like to file for free, check out ESmart Tax. I have used this site for the last two years, and it is sooooo easy. (I itemize too). I just plug in the forms that I have, they put the numbers where they need to go, and voila, taxes complete. I use the free I file, although you can upgrade for some added help. They will also file your state taxes for a fee, but Ohio allows you to I File for free on their website, so save your dinero there. It took me about 2 hours to complete my federal taxes, because people kept bugging me. Go figure. My state taxes (and school district taxes) took me all of 15 minutes.

And I was wondering, should I have another? No, I am not pregnant, and no, I don't need another tax deduction. I meant, another blog. I kind of feel like Tales of the T's should be about the T's. Sometimes, I seem to bog it down with a lot of other crap. So, what say you people of blogdom? (Those 2 or 3 that read my blog, anyway). Is it okay that the Mommy blog has morphed into a catch all, or should I separate the house, school, garden, budget, blah, blah, blah from the kiddos pics and stuff?

Feel free to vote and let me know what you think.

Oh, and happy V day!

7 comments:

Special K said...

My adoption blog has seen discussion of margaritas, crackheads, vaginas and many other non-adoption related topics. There's only so many days to get on there and say "I'm STILL waiting for a kid". LOL!

So I say just have one blog. It's your life. Cute, warm and fuzzy some days. Messy and complicated on others. And that goes for all of us.

It is what it is....Although I doubt I'll be doing that "Book Your Blog" thing as a keepsake for Mia now. :P

Wendy said...

i think i would stick to one blog just because i would get confused! no but really, tales of the t's is about your life too...

Laura McIntyre said...

Firstly Happy 6 Month birthday to Tess, im around and reading just have little commenting time.

I enjoy reading about all the budgeting /money stuff. What can i say but im noisy and like to peek into all aspects of peoples lives. I voted for keep as one

Angie said...

I thought about having another blog, too..but decided I would just keep everything on one. Easier for me and easier to read really. I like hearing about everything on yours. Moms do it all..so ya might as well have your blog reflect that!

Kristin said...

Stick to one blog. A catch all blog is fun to read. Just my oppinion.

Lisa B. said...

I vote for just one blog. The other things you add to it are part of raising the T's, also.

Sarah in MT said...

I like Krista's perspective and I totally agree with just 1 blog. And as you state in your profile, they're your tales to tell. Love the kids pictures and stories, but the rest keeps it interesting and real. Plus, I'm way too lazy to read 1 more!