Friday, March 06, 2009

One Eight Nine

After checking out some weight loss blogs, Wendy and I discussed whether or not we would be comfortable plastering our weight out there on the Internet for all to see. You know, cuz a woman's weight is one of those things you just don't ask about. But then I thought, maybe if I did put it out there, I would feel a little more accountable when it came to sticking to a diet.

I do have a little weight loss ticker over there on the right (in case you hadn't noticed) that shows that I have lost some weight, although it doesn't mention where I started from. So I'll tell you, I cheated. I started from Tess's birthday weight. Yeah, that's right, I was 9 months pregnant. But it's always nice to have a head start, so I counted my loss of 7lbs 7 oz in one day as a plus.

If you've paid any attention to my ticker, it has gone down since then. I have lost all the weight from Tess's pregnancy, which is great. Unfortunately, I have Teagan's, Tatum's, Travis's, and Tanner's weight to lose.

Although I lost the 26 pound pregnancy gain (and a few extra pounds) without trying too hard, I knew I would have to put forth some effort to take care of the rest. So I jumped on the WW train. And I have to say, it's really not as hard as I thought it would be. Most days, I find myself not getting all my points in because those extra 10 for breast feeding, are really too many.

Today I added a little exercise by going for a walk, with Teagan. I was worried he would give up before we made it back home, but no, he lasted. His mouth moving as fast as his feet. Constant babble for twenty minutes.

"Ooh, look at that truck, look at that bush, ooh, look at that tree, there's a garage, turn the corner, our house is back that way, is this ex a sizing? There's a squirrel. Ooh, look at that flag. What is that? There's two dogs. Are we ex a sizing?"

Anyway, to lose 10 pounds was one of my goals for the year. And since we're into month 3, I thought I should start working towards that.

WW has you set different goals. So, my first goal is 179, for a few reasons.
  1. It's the first 10 pounds, which I think, always feels good.
  2. I won't be completely lying on my driver's license.
  3. It's my pre Teagan weight.

So, 189, just putting it out there.

6 comments:

Sarah in MT said...

Good for you, Carla! I have noticed the weight ticker and was impressed that you were at nearly 30# lost. That's 30 more than me! My mom claims her weight all started sticking after being pregnant w/me. Uh, yeah, that was nearly 54 years ago - time for a new excuse, mother! As for me....I can't even blame it on pregnancies! But that also means no stretch marks. Gotta find a bonus in there somewhere!

Wendy said...

Wow Carla, good for you! I am not ready for all to know my weight just yet. I think maybe in a few months I might be. It is yet to be determined....we will see....I know what you mean about it making you accoutable though...

Special K said...

Good job on the weight loss. It's hard. Believe me I know. LOL! I've gotta get back on track after my Florida weekend derailed me. Uhhh... yeah that was 2 weekends ago, wasn't it?

KBeau said...

You're certainly a busy mom. Diet, raising children and grad school. Whew! Glad that's all behind me, except the diet part. I still need to work on that.

Rue said...

Hi Carla :)

Congratulations on your weight loss! Even a few pounds are hard to lose, so you're doing a great job. Moving made me lose 12 lbs if you can believe it LOL Now it's starting to creep back so I'm watching it with my food intake :)

rue

Lisa B. said...

I keep saying I gained weight because I had a baby but Dewey says, "My God, Lisa, that was 30 years ago. How long are you going to use that excuse??"....until the day I die, buddy, until the day I die!!!
Good luck on your weight loss, that's great. Missy has lost 52 pounds since giving birth a month ago...the 30 that she gained and 22 extra ones. I hope she can keep at it. I've offered money if she can lose 40 more!!! Do I need to offer you money, too? lol.