Monday, March 23, 2009

Spray paint party

Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick is having a spray paint party. These are just a few of the things we've painted. Since I am cheap, er, I mean thrifty, and obtain alot of the stuff in my house from thrift stores, cheap cycle, garage sales, etc, the question should be, what haven't I painted. This table? An Ethan Allen table I got for $10. It used to be oak.
No, they're not spray painted, but that lamp behind them used to be brass. I got a set of two for $10. The shades were a whole lot more, but I love the blue toile.

These are my latest projects. I hoped to take a before pic, but the hubster got a little spray paint happy and attacked them before I got the camera out. The tray was gold. The owls were shades of brown, yellow and green. The candle holder under the cheese board was brass. I still need to paint the bunny and the cheese board. He didn't see the point in painting a white bunny, uh, white, but I'm not fond of the pink eyes. And he refused to paint the cheese board, because "it's wood, it's supposed to look like wood". Not the point, honey. I don't want it to look like a cheese board. I'm unsure about the duck. He's kind of an irredescent white, and I'm not too sure I like that.
Anyone use a spray paint designed to look like stone? I'm wondering if that would work.
I may add some more pics later but I'm off to nap. Have to work tonight. Click on over to Sarah's site to see more cool spray paint projects.


5 comments:

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick said...

That lamp is GORG and I can't believe the deals you have scored!! I love the end table too!

Jen r. said...

Love the end table! Jen

Jennifer said...

I love the end table. What a great find!

Fresh Poppy Sisters said...

Love the endtable and decor. Realy cute!

Thanks for you comment on my blog, also wanted to let you know I posted a few more photos of the nursery if you wanted to check them out.

Diana said...

I love spray painting things:)
I think Sherman Williams Spray Paint is the BEST!!