Thursday, May 14, 2009

The After Party

Remember this?It is now this!
I even made some cool little thumb tacks. Not too sure how they will work though. I used spray adhesive and I'm thinking the gems are just going to pop right off when I try to pull them out.

In true procrastinator fashion, I did this today. Nothing like waiting til the last minute. I looooove this fabric. It is a robin's egg/brown toile. I wonder if I could use it to reupholster my desk chair. Hmm, two problems, it is a light cotton, not a thicker upholstery fabric, and two, I've never reupholstered anything, ever. What do you think?

Pop on over and see Melissa at The Inspired Room for more procrastinator party fun!
Btw, the fabric and gems I found at Joann's SuperStore. The gems are just a bag of decorative gems, like you use to fill vases.



13 comments:

BugaBoos Creations said...

Oh I loveeeeeee that fabric! You did Great!!! It is Awesome!!!

Ang said...

Love that fabric..where did you get it? Wish I was creative..LOL

Vee said...

Beautiful fabric and a real cutie pie to place on there. Would super glue work better for your thumbtacks? (I find it works best for buttons on decorative projects...speaking of which...vintage buttons on thumbtacks...that'd be cute!)

Kim @ Manning Family Tree said...

Too cute!!! I love your toile. I'm wishing I had used a toile like yours to upholster my chairs. I used a rooster toile that had a big pattern that needed to be centered. That was the hardest part of doing my chairs. And we didn't get it perfect. Oh well. I can just picture you pulling on the tacks & the buttons flying across the room. Too funny. Sorry!

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

The fabric is gorgeous!

Job well done!

Kristina said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Ashley and Eric said...

I think your project turned out beautifully! Congrats on a job well done!

Donna said...

I love that fabric! I have plans to make an inspiration board soon! Thanks for the motivation!

Sharon said...

My next project is going to be something with fabric! Love it!!!

june@craftyniche said...

Wow, I love the blue toile! So pretty!

Wendy said...

looks great!

Amber said...

This is really pretty and the baby is precious. What are the gems made out of?

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Oh, I love that fabric!!! Very cute!

Great job, it doesn't matter if you did it at the last minute, at least you DID it!!!