Monday, June 01, 2009

Goodwill Party

Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick is having a Goodwill party because, well because, she likes to party. And she lurves Goodwill. Me too. Goodwill, cheapcycle, craigs*list, you name it. If it's cheap, I'm all over it.


This my absolute favorite of my thrifty bargains. I found this buffet on cheapcycle for $40. It was originially a dark wood, although we painted it black. I'm positive that my Dad has one almost identical painted green that he inherited from my grandmother. I have a very large dining room so this fills up the long empty wall. Did I need it? Not really. I do have a built in hutch, but I like it. ALOT. The lamp and little birdie are from the Salvation Army store, while the little glass jars, the white plates, and the books are all from Goodwill. The plate rack was a garage sale find, and the pencil sharpener fastened to the end if you dare to look closely, uh, that was my husband's doing. I keep intending to make him take it off. Priorities, you know.

Go see Sarah for more Goodwill transformations.

1 comment:

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Love it! I've never heard of cheapcycle and I thought I knew them all. I'll have to see if there's one in my area.

Manuela