Monday, June 01, 2009

Thrifty Treasures

I'm a little late in linking up to Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures linky but it's still Monday. For a couple hours at least. :o) This is my first time participating, but not the first time I've checked out all the cool finds everyone else has found. I've always been a little jealous of folks who had such great luck at garage sales, so I thought I'd give it a try. Lucky me, a local town was having a community wide garage sale. There were so many houses participating, I only got a chance to cruise through one neighborhood. Cute tin wall pocket $4
Ironstone pitcher $3, milk glass vase $.75, and nice framed gardening picture $2

Partylite hurricane $2, glass vase $.25, glass jar $.50, and a glass Christmas tree topper $1.50

The white board there with the hooks is actually a magnet board for all of $1. And the mirror? $3 with the $19.99 Target sticker still on the bottom

My snowman topper again. I think it's pretty cute. My tree is decorated with ALOT of snowmen, but sadly the top has always been bare. Until now....
I spent about $30 in all. There were a few things I didn't snap pics of including another cork board for $2, several baby outfits for Tess, some small plastic baskets, linen napkins, more Ball glass jars (can you ever have enough) and a toy electric guitar Teagan managed to sweeten away from a lady for free. :op
Pop on over to Southern Hospitality for more thrifty finds.

3 comments:

Lumpy said...

Nice junk.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Great finds! I have that same wall pocket that I found at a yardsale. Thanks for joining the party.

Nichole said...

Hey Carla! Funny running into from Rhoda's blog. Long time no talk. :) Tess is so cute and getting so big-can you believe our Aug. babes are going to be 1 soon?? Great finds at the sales, look forward to seeing more of you "around".