Monday, September 14, 2009

Another great reason to shop at Wally world

Childcare assistance!

Man slaps strangers crying kid

A Gwinnett County man is in custody accused of slapping a stranger’s crying toddler in a Stone Mountain Wal-Mart on Monday.

Sonya Mathews, the mother of the 2-year-old child, told police that both were walking in the aisles of the Rockbridge Road store when Roger Stephens, 61, approached and said “if you don’t shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you,” according to a police report.
A few moments later, in another aisle, Stephens grabbed the 2-year-old and slapped her across the face four or five times, according to the report.
Stephens then told Mathews, “See, I told you I would shut her up,” according to the report.


Are you kidding me? What I don't undertstand is how the man could grab the 2 yr old and proceed to slap her IN THE FACE 4 or 5 times without getting knocked down. I have a hard time not yelling at kids on the playground who bully my kids.

If some grown man grabbed one of my kids I would TAKE HIM OUT!

What say you, peeps? Is this just a sign of the times? Everyone is a little stressed...... it's understandable......the Mom obviously needed some discipline guidance.......

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm thinking it's stories like this that make my decision to boycott Wal-Mart that much easier. I have a personal story in which a customer swore at my son for no reason, and when I asked her what my son had done to deserve her rather inappropriate comments, she told me to "Get a Life."

I'm thinking that a stranger should NEVER feel like he/she has the right to discipline my children - even if he/she thinks I'm doing a poor job - and ESPECIALLY with violence. It's one thing to say something to my child, but to touch her?

I probably wouldn't have touched him, but I certainly would have had him arrested and charged with assault and battery, and I'd have made sure he spent some time in jail. And then, I'd make sure everyone in my community knew about him, what he looked like, and what he did.

Wendy said...

That is totally inappropriate and that dude needs to go to jail. He had no right to touch that child! that dude is crazy for doing that. he probably does have some kind of pychosocial problem!