Monday, March 14, 2011

Unimaginable

Unless you live under a rock, you've heard about the 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan. After viewing pictures of the devastation, I can't help but think, what in my mundane life could be that important right now to even bother mentioning here? 
AP photo
AP photo

AP photo

AP Photo

AP photo

AP photo

AP photo

AP photo

AP photo

AP photo

AP photo

AP photo

People have lost family, friends, homes.......everything. I cannot even fathom the loss of everything dear to me. There are thousands dead and thousands more missing. There isn't adequate food or water. No electricity. And the fear of a nuclear meltdown. The devastation is just unbelievable. 

If you choose to donate, please donate to a reliable organization so the relief actually goes where it is supposed to go.
You can donate here to the American Red Cross. Click the donate funds button.
Or here for Global Giving.

Who knows how long it will take the Japanese to recover? And how will this affect the rest of the world? Questions that will have many answers depending on who you ask.

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. ~Norman B. Rice



Hope
AP photo

6 comments:

Special K said...

It's just awful.

I have a recurring monthly donation to Global Giving I've had for over a year. I just changed my project from Improving Teaching in Rural China to this Tsunami Relief Fund. Thanks for posting it. I was planning to donate but didn't realize I could do it through GG. Made it easier.

Diana said...

This is so sad. I look at these pictures and have such guilt over complaining over small things. Thanks for posting this.

Ang said...

Makes you appreciate where we live more than ever.

Debbie said...

It is unimaginable and unbelievable! It's still hard to believe something like that can happen! It is, as you said, just unimaginable!! Perfect word! I can't even begin to try to imagine the devastation and destruction!

Rachelle said...

Hate contacting you on this post, but trying to get a hold of you in regards to a giveaway. Couldn't find an email address of yours.

Fotfblog@aol.com

Barbara said...

I just browsed my way to your blog. You are the only person who I have found that has a heart big enough to post about the Japanese Crisis. I have been holding back tears for weeks now, it seems that people can talk... but your post made me feel. God Bless You, And Your Beautiful Family.

Tearfully,

Barbara
FurAndFeathers