Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Holy yum!

Okay, so you all probably know there are some great recipes to be found on Pinterest.
I found the Green Smoothie recipe here.
And while I did find them to be yummy, they are made with spinach and fruit, specifically bananas, which are a no no on the BFC.


 Then I found this cool site which has a gazillion awesome variations for protein shakes. I mean, really, could this pic be scratch and sniff please?


So I decided to get a little creative and mix them up a bit. The protein shake works for my diet but I really liked the idea of adding spinach for a veggie punch. And if you've ever had a green smoothie, you know that the spinach only lends its green color. It is pretty flavorless.

Katie's recipe:


  • 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese (or 1 Cup Reduced Fat Greek Yogurt).
  • 1 Scoop Protein Powder
  • 1-3 Packets of Splenda/ Stevia/Low Calorie Sweetener
  • 5-10 Ice Cubes
  • 1/2 Cup-1 Cup Water



  • The cottage cheese seemed a little weird, but hey, she says it works. I also didn't have any protein powder, or at least none that was 100 calorie per serving as recommended so I used light muscle milk, which caused me to leave out the water all together.

    So my version, all for less than 300 calories:

    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    8 oz light chocolate muscle milk
    1 packet Truvia
    10 ice cubes
    1 Tbsp natural peanut butter
    Handful of spinach

    = total yumminess

    No, not quite a peanut butter cup, but some chocolately peanutty goodness just the same. I didn't take a picture because if you take spinach, cottage cheese, chocolate and peanut butter and blend it all together, well, you can imagine the color it creates. I felt so full after drinking it, I don't know when I'll be ready for dinner.

    2 comments:

    J.Costa said...

    cant wait to try the green smoothie !!!

    sbo said...

    Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels