Monday, September 24, 2007

Poop

I know, it's been awhile, and I have no new pics to share. Sorry. My computer was out of service for 2 weeks. (Thanks to Geek Squad for the 3 day estimate!!!) Basically, they backed up my files and reinstalled Windows, to the tune of $300! Ugh!

Anyway...... I'm working past that.

It took four kids, but I finally have a funny poop story. And I'm sure Teagan will someday thank me for not chronicaling this stage of his life in film. So I go to get him up from his nap. I noticed his diaper was slightly amiss. He rolled over and I noticed, hmmm, something was peeking out of the top of his diaper. Uh, Teagan, why is your pee pee sticking out of your diaper? He grabs his butt and says:
Poop!

You pooped?

Yeah, poop.

Okay, lay down and we'll change your diaper.

No, poop.

Yeah, I know, poop.

Noooo, poop (he says, while pointing outside of the crib)

Huh? (looking around)

Poop! (still pointing)

Ohhhh, poop. (as I spot the poop in question, lying atop the Fisher Price garage)

Apparently, he didn't like the poop in his diaper, or he was bored, or there is some other unexplainable reason why a toddler would throw his poop outside of his crib. Thankfully, he drinks way too much milk and it was nice, solid, little turds. I have managed to avoid poop spread all over beds and walls, although I have heard horror stories from other parents. Speaking of turds, the dumb dog, I mean Buddy, was in the house the other day, and I noticed something lying on the floor. I asked Tatum, "Is that a cat turd?" (Buddy has a littler box fetish which is why she is usually closely monitored while in the house). Tatum giggled, "What's a turd?" Apparently, my children are not very cultured and stick to calling it all poop. (Btw, I didn't have to worry about the cat turd, because the disgusting dog, ate it!) I know, gross, huh? See why you should never let your dog lick you in the face?

Just so you don't think toddlers and turd eating dogs are all I have to contend with, I'm riding along in the van the other day, with a bunch of kids, I mean, my kids. So, Tanner, is listening to ONE OF MY CD's, and as I start singing along, he says "You're ruining it, Mom."

Smart aleck. He makes it a point to mention, frequently, that he is 3 years away from being a teenager. I say, he's already there.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Firstly, you always crack me up, Carla :D

Secondly... I've found Wyatt's pecker out of his diaper several times! Its so funny when he does that... I guess it needs breathing room? hehehe Thankfully, he hasn't cleaned his diaper out yet... whew! Although, he's latest thing to do is put his hand inside the back of his diaper after he's pooed... ewwww...

Gross about the animals... ewww.. Jeremy has mentioned having a dog in the house... NO f***ing way is basically what I told him! LOL I have ENOUGH to contend with already!

LOL about Tanner telling you that you're ruining the song... Wyatt tells me to "Op!!!" and put his hand up to my mouth whenever I sing... guess he's practicing early to be a smart aleck.