Wednesday, June 04, 2008

29 weeks and other happenings

I guess we're on the downward swing now, with about 8-10 weeks to go. Eeek! I'd like to meet this little person who can manage to abuse me on both sides of my abdomen at the same time, but golly, there's still alot I'd like to get done before then.
As far as the uncomfortableness (I think I just invented that word), it continues. I can deal with the indigestion, the constipation, and the swollen ankles, it's the aching tailbone that's going to do me in. Sometimes, it is downright painful. There's no helping the waddling after I've been sitting for awhile. I did pick up a birth ball (an exercise ball for you non pregnancy types), so I'm hoping sitting on that instead of a straight back chair will help. It really helped my hip pain with the last pregnancy. And I guess I'm going to break down and see a chiropracter. Hopefully, that will help too. Two more days until the big US. Yes, we will be peeking. Or I should say, confirming. I have to admit, I peeked a couple weeks ago. I'm an L&D nurse, what do you want? The temptation is too great on a slow night with an US machine readily available. Of course, it took us over half an hour to figure it out. Again, we're L&D nurses not US techs, plus the little bugger would not get in a good position for a while. But, since we're not the experts, I am waiting for an expert's confirmation before releasing the information. Don't ask me about names. If we ever figure it out, that will be withheld until birth day. I figure we need one secret.

Update: Sorry, the US has been rescheduled for next Monday. You'll have to wait a little longer.

The Travster is still playing ball. Well, when it's not raining and flooding the fields. Here he is playing catcher. This particular game went into over time. It was their first win, but after an hour and a half, it's like, please score or strike out already!!! I think we have a week and a half left. Yay!
Last week was the last day of school and Tanner's "graduation". I use quotations because, uh, it's fourth grade, for gosh sake!!! He'll be moving on to the junior high next year. A little scary, for me, anyway. That's him with his teacher.
Here he is getting his "diploma". The white haired dude is the principal. I have really liked him when having to deal with Travis's school issues, especially compared to the last principal they had. He had some sobering news though. Most kids will have 3 graduations, 4th, 8th, and 12th (although high school is the last time 75% of kids will ever graduate, again!). I guess they make such a big deal out of 4th grade, because some won't make it to their 8th grade graduation, let alone 12th. What an uplifting way to start the program. Enjoy this night, you soon to be 5th graders. This may be your last graduation, ever!
I was pretty proud of Tanner for making it through this year. He really struggled with some motivation and daydreaming issues, not wanting to go to school, pay attention, focus on homework.
Yep, the proud Mom I was, until a few days ago when something happened that will forever be known as "the fire incident". Let's just say, it involved 2 soon to be 5th grade boys, a lighter, some brush, and a neighbor's barn. Luckily, there wasn't much damage beyond one side of the barn needing some paint, and the fire chief was willing to chalk it up to boys being boys. Ugh! Parenting is tough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tanner!! Way to go! I KNOW you won't be one of the ones that this will be your last graduation!! YOU are going to have at least two more!! Right??!! Right!!
I'm glad the fire incident wasn't any worse! I hope a valuable lesson was learned! Love ya!