Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Gardening

This is the back corner of our yard. Or should I say, this was the back corner. And then I painstakingly weeded it, BY HAND! TWICE! So that it eventually looked like this. Of course, this is only a small section of it, but you get the picture. We mulched it and had a nice little garden area. Well, the long awaited rain came, while I was working 4 nights in a row, I might add. The thistles are back!!! With a vengeance! So the bastards were vinegarized this afternoon (is that a word?), because I am determined to keep it organic, despite the callouses and foul odor of hot pickles. And my fingers still smell like pickles, despite washing them AND taking a shower.
I suppose if I were to actually plant something back there, it would take away some of the thistles space. I play around with this fantasy of having a house with some acreage someday. And then I think, who am I kidding? I can't even maintain a 12x8 garden plot! Anyway, the moral of the story is, when you look at your garden and think to yourself, or even out loud, hmmm, I should probably get out there and weed that before it goes to seed...... GET YOUR ASS OUT THERE AND DO IT!

1 comment:

Special K said...

I thought that was where the pool was going...

Oh come on, you know it's a great idea. How fun would the summers be then!