Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Sweet Caroline

Dearest Tess, my sweet little angel faced girl, today you are a 3 yr old.
While I sometimes wondered after your big brother was born if another would follow him, I can't imagine not knowing you. You have brought so much joy into our lives. You are my sunshine, my moon, and my stars.

I love everything about you.
I love your big blue eyes, your little blond ringlets, and your scrunchy face grin.
I love when you laugh, when you giggle, when you shriek.
I love the way you are the only one to call me Mama.
I love listening to your sweet toddler voice.
I love that you love your brothers and sister, even though they are sometimes mean to you.
I love that you are a girly girl and can't go a day without dressing up.
I love that you love piggy tails.
I love that you don't think twice about getting dirty.
I love how you hide your face when you know you're up to something and you see me watching.
I love how you play hide and seek but tell me where you are.
I love when you ask to go wimming in your baby suit, and even though I think you're too big for it now, it's still adorable when you say "I wanna bobble, peeeease."
I love that I told you you're a big girl now and you don't need a bobble and you went right to bed.
I love that you waited until the day before your third birthday to start climbing out of your crib.
I love that you think I'm a docker who catches babies even though that's not quite right.
I love how you pucker up for "lips" even though I caught you putting lipgloss on a dinosaur one day.
I love how you grab my face in your hands to give kisses.
I love snuggling next to your squishy little toddler body even though I end up on the edge of the bed and your hair gets in my face.
I love how you can't resist water no matter if it's a pool, shower, bath, or hose.
I love that you are not a picky eater.
I love that you love brocki and you know to spit cherry pits.
I love that you can wrap anything in a dishtowel and call it a baby.
I loved you the minute I knew you were there.
I loved you more when you swam into my arms.
I love you each and every day that I know you.
I love you when I'm away from you and when I come home to your smiles and hugs.
I love that you know that I love you.
I love that your mine, Tess Caroline.


2 comments:

Sarah in MT said...

Beautiful. And what a wonderful way to capture the spirit of that blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl of yours. Happy Birthday, Tess!

Krista said...

Awwww.... such a sweet tribute to your baby girl. Happy Birthday Tess!