Saturday, January 10, 2009

5 months

I am 5 months old today!
Check out my cool sparkly tights! Yeah, Mom keeps it cold in here.

Baby Tess is creeping up on her 1/2 year birthday. She is rolling to her side from her back, and lifts her head and butt when she is on her belly. But still hasn't mastered the full roll over. She manages to get around though. She scoots and spins off her play mat and within a matter of minutes is in the middle of the floor. She smiles, coos, laughs, squeals and screeches. Not on camera though, she still has the camera phobia/fascination.
And remember the baby who slept through the night and used her thumb to self soothe? This one does neither. She has been replaced with a baby who thinks sleep is overrated. Five month olds don't need to nap do they? Tess doesn't think so. Her limit is about 30 minutes, IF she is held. If not, all bets are off.
She is using a pacifier now, instead of her thumb. When she's not pulling it out anyway. Seems like when she really needs to sleep, she'd rather pull it out of her mouth and stare at it. Then when she can't get it back in her mouth, she gets mad.
And I swear she must be teething. She chews on her fingers, and any toys she can get to her mouth. We attempted baby cereal the other day, but she's not quite ready for it. She still opens her mouth and lets it drool back out. The older kids didn't have any until at least 6 months, so we've got awhile yet. Tatum thought that since Tess has a high chair now, she must be ready to eat. Really I just didn't want her to have to sit on the floor in a bouncy seat while we eat.
I'm not sure what's going on with the sleep issues. She doesn't nap well, she doesn't sleep long at night. I hope it's just a phase. A short one. I may try some teething tablets and see if that helps.
Last night, I rocked her to sleep. And while I was eager for her to fall asleep, I was content to rock her awhile. I know she will be the last, and sooner than I would like, she won't want to be rocked.



1 comment:

Angie said...

I think it's safe to say that we can all agree on AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. She is too adorable. Her tights remind me of the little tights my daughter used to wear. She just turned 12...excuse me while I go cry now...lol. Time flies so fast.....sigh.