Monday, January 05, 2009

Feeling

overwhelmed again. Today is the start of Winter quarter. I am taking Statistics and Nursing Leadership. Looking over my syllabi causes my belly to flip flop. It just looks like sooo much. I have 4 major, I mean 6-10 pages major, papers to write for Leadership. Don't know if I've mentioned it, but I hate to write papers. Don't know why. I always get a decent grade, I just don't like to do it. Organizing my thoughts is difficult at times. There is too much info in my head, I guess.

And reading the instructions for statistics? Egad!!! Read the chapters in this book, then in that book, then the power point review, then do the practice exercises here, then there, then do the graded assignment. For each of the 8 modules!!! Ahhhhh!!! I guess it's good that I haven't got my statistics book yet. I can only stress so much in one day. I still haven't completely decided if I need to buy the texts for leadership. Other nurses have assured me that they rarely read the textbooks for these classes.

And to top it off, my little darling, my angel girl who started sleeping through the night at 12 weeks, is no longer sleeping through the night. I generally took advantage of the time after bedtime to study and work on my papers. Now, she is waking at least 2-3 times a night. I don't know if it is a growth spurt or teething. I'm leaning towards the teething idea, as she gnaws on everything, including my nipples! I have threatened to cut her off if she doesn't chill out with the nipple gumming. For not having any teeth yet, she has a serious bite. She isn't napping well either. Is this normal? I know, I should know this by now, I just don't remember having a baby who didn't nap much. I mean, we're talking 20 minutes here, 15 minutes there. I'm on the verge of falling into that "I don't have enough milk" trap. Which leads to more bottles, less milk..... I think I need to make a Fenugreek run.

1 comment:

Doublebanker said...

Sounds like a busy time for you, never like statistics. My sister got her PhD in Stats...guess it doesn't run in the family