Thursday, August 05, 2010

A few things

Our girls are laying eggs!
They started last week. The boys went out to water them in the morning and there were eggs in the nest box.
We have a dozen already. Some of them are pretty small, but they are petite girls.
Just in time for my low carb/low sugar diet.
Yep, that's right. I'm on a diet again.
It's these girls' fault.
Okay, maybe not all their fault, but, this is what happens when I hang out with them.
We eat, drink, and become merry.

After our trip to Alabama, a trip to Cinci with my girls, and eating every sugar laden item of food I could find, I put on almost 10 pounds! So long 165, here's looking at almost 175.
I'm a little burnt out on WW (obviously) so I'm turning to J0rge Cruise and his Belly Fat Cure.
It seems a little similar to Atkins, South Beach, Sugar Busters.....
except for with this, you are only counting carb servings and sugar grams.
My official weigh in on Aug 1 was 174.8.
I know, right?
But, knowing that I was going on a low sugar diet required me to stuff as much cake, candy bars, cookies, and pop into my face as I could handle.
But you know what, I don't even miss them.
Well, maybe the butter pecan cake, just a little.
So far so good though. I'll let you know how it goes Sunday.

Oh and hey, guess what?
The hubby passed his police officer exam.
Yay!!
Now, we just wait to see if he can find a position somewhere. It's slim pickins these days.


2 comments:

Erykah said...

Good Luck on the diet... I am in dire need to lose weight but obviously, I'll wait until the baby is older.

Congrats on passing the police exam... hopefully he finds something soon!

Debbie said...

Congrats to Bobby!!! Hope he finds a job soon!! Congrats to the girls for laying eggs! Ours haven't started yet, we think they will be old enough mid September! Good luck on the diet!!