Friday, July 27, 2007

A Walk in the Woods

We took the kids out for a hike at Sycamore State Park last week. A wee bit of time with nature. Of course, when we got back to the van after an hour or so, they were all about the technology, begging for the AC and to turn the DVD player on. Ugh, my poor techno starved children. I tried to tell them how my brother and sister and I spent hours walking through these woods and playing in the creeks, catching crawdads in summer, and falling through the ice in winter, when we were growing up. While they had fun, they weren't all that impressed.
Tatum, Dad, Teagan, Travis and Tanner

When Teagan figured out Tanner could carry him on his shoulders, he didn't want to go back to Dad. Brotherly love! Tanner wasn't too keen on Teagan sticking his fingers in his mouth though, especially considering, he'd just been tossing dirty rocks into the creek.


1 comment:

Special K said...

Cute pics...

I remember that park. It's where a bee landed on my yellow banana seat bike and I sat on it. Yeah it hurt trying to ride home with a stinger in my butt.