Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy Late 4th!

We went to the Preble County Fairgrounds for some small town fun on the 4th of July. The kids enjoyed some time in those big inflateable jumpy things, and took a ride on the tractor train. If you've ever been to a Fall farm festival, you know what kind of train I'm talking about. There was festival food, of course. Travis opted for nachos, while Tanner and I went for the walking tacos. Tatum and Teagan had chips and bites of ice cream. That's nutritious, right? I think those count as a veggie and dairy, no? Bobby had a really yummy pulled pork sandwich. Nothing better than food out of a rolling trailer, I say.

They saved the best for last, of course. We headed over to the grand stand for the fireworks display. They started right before 10 pm and lasted 15-20 minutes. It was a pretty cool display for a small town. I was impressed. But then, I LOVE fireworks. Am I the only one who has tear jerking, heart pounding euphoric moments when exposed to fireworks and marching bands? Yeah, I'm weird.

Anyway, I forgot my camera which just sucked. These firework pics would have been so much cooler as we were sitting right underneath them. Maybe next year.

No comments: