Monday, July 07, 2008

The Day is Improving

This morning, I felt a little better than I did the last several days. My low back and butt still ache, but not as severe as over the weekend. And I haven't whined or sobbed at all today. I went in to see the chiropractor today. This was the first time at their office, and I have to say, they make a really good first impression. It is a husband wife team. I saw the husband today while their 18 month old toddled around the office. Very family friendly place, thankfully, since my 2 little people disappeared once I was lying flat on my face on the table and couldn't keep track of them.

The tailbone pain I've been having for weeks he attributed to some of my L's being out of alignment. Was it 4 and 5? Anyway, my butt muscles were overcompensating and staying tight to stabilize the joint. Hmm, that's the first time I've been told I have a tight ass. :op He massaged the muscle and asked if it was sore because it felt really tight. Uh, sore is an understatement as I lie there flinching and holding my breath. Massage isn't supposed to hurt, is it?

Secondly, the back pain that has put me out of commission for the past 5 days, is a pulled muscle, with some really fancy name, that is basically connected to my rib from my spine. Surprisingly, it wasn't near as tender as my left butt cheek. Apparently, that is the only muscle I use in my entire body so it compensated for the low back pain by tightening even more. That would be my sacro illial joint, or something like that.

I did feel better walking out of the office, but then I had to sit down to drive, so it hurt again by the time I got home. I have another appt with the wife in the morning. He didn't think one adjustment would do it. Uh, yeah, me neither.

I think I may be able to work tomorrow though, as long as I don't sit for too long. Tonight was the 4th night that I called out, which is causing me some psychological stress. One, because I haven't called out in a looooong time, and two, because I sort of need my sick days for maternity leave.

Or, maybe I don't. ;op

I found, in my inbox this morning.....


Dear Carla,

Welcome to the Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing! I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to our school via the ADN-to-MSN Bridge entry option. You will enter as part of Class 62, and you will attend the August 25-29 Frontier Bound.



Hooray!!! Needless to say, I don't think I'll be continuing full time employment after maternity leave. Speaking of, do you think Aug 25 may be cutting it too close to my due date of Aug 19?

Oh, and I lost my manny. Yeah, Bobby went back to work today. He was getting a little burnt out at home all day. Although, he kept pointing out to me that in the Fall, I'll only be home with 2 of the kids all day because the rest will be in school. His previous employer called and asked if he'd be willing to come back. So with that, combined with my inability to work for the last week, and his belief that I'll be starting maternity leave sooner rather than later, he decided to go back.

3 comments:

Special K said...

Congrats! I knew you'd get in.

Well, on the off chance that Baby T comes late... at least you'll be in the middle of some experienced midwives when you go into labor.
:P

Anonymous said...

How about Tamarind?

Anonymous said...

I definitely think the 25th is cutting it close, but I agree with Krista, at least you'll be in good company for the birth!

Congratulations on getting in the school!! I can't wait to hear all about it.