Monday, September 08, 2008

Birth

To celebrate Tess's first month, I thought I would share the birth with you. I was not able to upload the video because I'm computer illiterate and I couldn't figure out how to change the file. Anyway, I was able to capture some pics off the video. I only pushed once, but man, did it hurt.
When she started coming, she just didn't stop.
Her head is coming.
There, it's out!
And there she goes! Shooting out across the tub, as Tatum would say.
The plan was to pull her up as she was born, but she came so quickly, I had to sit up and reach for her.

And there she is, in all her dark haired glory.

4 comments:

Special K said...

Wow! You probably should've put a disclaimer up for your brother. He may not want to see how open you are to sharing this experience. LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Incredible. Truly incredible. Absolutely fascinates me. And what a beautiful babe she is. Good job, Mama!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Wow! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful time in your life.

She is such a beautiful little girl!

Hugs,
Joanne

Kristina said...

Awwwwww!!! It's been almost a year since my home water birth. :(