Sunday, September 21, 2008

Did you guess?

We went to KENTUCKY!!!To the Frontier School of Midwifery and Family Nursing, to be specific. I attended a 4 day orientation while Krista hung out in a hotel room with Tess and Griffey. Ask her if she would do it again. I'm pretty sure she would have to think long and hard about it. I really had a good time. It was hard to be away from Tess all day long, but, I knew she was being spoiled, and I was meeting a lot of new and interesting people. Just learning about the history of the school and the stories behind the women who played such important roles in it, gave me such a feeling of belonging. Not to mention, being surrounded by like minded people. So many talked about not feeling like being the outsider, the crunchy, granola, crazy, birth junkie.
I am really excited about starting this adventure, but admit that I am a wee bit apprehensive. Just sitting here typing up this post, I have had to tell Tatum to quit kicking the table, Teagan to stop playing with my camera, and listened to Tatum say "Mommy take Tess, take Tess." I'm starting to wonder if the idea of grad school was a realistic one at this point in my life. Maybe I should have waited a little longer, like 18 years, until they were all out of the house, or at least 14 until they were too busy hanging out with their friends to waste time bugging me.
I have to give credit for these pics to one of my fellow students, Amanda Perkins. She spent the week snapping pics of everyone. I think I took one picture. :oP

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I admire your bravery to attend school while still mothering young children. It may not be an easy transition for them but it will definitely be beneficial for them in the long run. You go girl.

P.S. Isn't it nice to feel like you have found your place.

Special K said...

I didn't mind the hotel. I got thru several seasons of Law and Order. Now when else would I have had time to do that? And got to see the new Tess smiles.

By the way... how'd you change your blog? It looks totally different.