Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snowy

It snowed quite a bit last week. The little peeps thought they should check it out, you know, for about 10 minutes. When your kids ask to play in the snow, do you feel like whining when you consider the amount of time it takes to get them dressed to go out is inversely proportional to the amount of time they spend outside in the cold? They did have a good time, playing out there, in the snow, for about 10 minutes.....
I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid, once I was dressed for the snow, I stayed out for HOURS at a time. I think. It felt like it anyway. Probably because my parents locked the back door and wouldn't let us back in.
Hehehe, just kidding. They'd lock all the doors. :op


I thought about sneaking closer to get better pics, but then my slippered, coatless body decided against it.
Ah, to be young again and actually like snow. Well, that's not true. I do like snow. From the inner side of the window. For about a week.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Yes, you did play outside much longer...so did I. Children in this generation are wimpy and can't handle it like we did!!! And about the locking outside thing...you know your sister was the only one who ever locked you outside...and THAT'S a whole other story!!!

Laura McIntyre said...

They look like they had a ball. It was snowy here to but has finally cleared up for now anyways.

Yes i hate how long it takes to get ready to go out in the snow, case in point our nursery run. The nursery (preschool) the girls go to is just over the road from us (alone i could be there in under a minute) . On the snow days were starting to get ready at least an hour ready. Jackets, hates,gloves x3 (plus take off ,repeat , lose , want different ones, put on, take off and so on) . When we did leave it would take ages to walk there , pushing pram was a nightmare but every where was covered in ice and not safe for baby wearing.