Friday, August 15, 2008

Day 5

Today has been a better day. Tess is figuring out her schedule. She actually slept for 5 hours last night. I, of course, did not. I kept waking up wondering why she wasn't waking up. Then this morning, after a quick bath and a fill up, she took a 3 hour nap. In her crib, no less. She's still pretty gassy, and stinky gas, at that. I'll be glad when we hit the non smelly breastmilk poop stage. Amazingly, we're not there yet, which is surprising because she eats like a little piggy. Tatum is still wanting to carry her around everywhere, which is helpful, yet annoying. It's helpful when I need to do something else, like pee, or feed another kid. But annoying when Tess is asleep and Tatum insists on picking her up.

Oh, there's another one of those kids.
Speaking of those other kids, I did get Tatum registered for Kindergarten. She'll have screening next week, then start school on Aug 26. The boys start next Wednesday. Tanner had a junior high orientation last night to get to know the principal, walk the halls, learn how to use a locker. It's hard to believe I have a middle schooler. I mean, he's not really in junior high. Well, technically, he is since that's how they do things in this little town. But really, he's only in 5th grade, which is still elementary school everywhere else. We asked Travis if he was excited to be going back to school. He said no, because second grade is harder. Hmmm, smart kid.

And an exchange with my not so smart kid...... I am constantly telling Tanner to pay attention when I tell him something because he will seriously forget it within 10 seconds. So, he knows we're going to this orientation thing, right?

So I say, "Tanner get your shoes and socks on so we can go."

After 10 seconds, he's back in the kitchen... "Did you say shoes and socks, or just socks?"

"Uh, Tanner, get whatever you need on your feet to walk out of the house."

"Oh."

No comments: