Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tate's first day

Today is the first day of Kindergarten. I think this is the only time we have not had to force Tatum out of bed in the morning. Normally, she is not a morning person, at all. But, she jumped right up, got dressed, brushed her teeth, and ran downstairs to put her backpack on, before eating breakfast. She is pretty excited about school. I hope it lives up to her expectations. She picked out a new Hello Kitty backpack. Of course, Teagan thought he had to have one too. He asked last night, "Can I go to school, because I have a backpack?" And he still has that cute little 3 yr old voice that makes you want to say, of course, honey, whatever you want, just because you're so darn cute. He did wait for the bus with them, but now is busy playing his VSmile. We'll see how he makes it through the day. He'll either be glad to be alone, or he'll ask me a zillion times where Tatum is.

Yeah, so the Pan*era bagels that Wendy brought for me, uh, the directions say you can slice them, freeze them, then just pop them in the toaster. But, they forgot to mention that you can't do that with the cinnamon crunchy ones. Uh, because they'll burn. And not like, oops, I turned the toaster up too high and now my bagel is brown and crunchy, but like flames are shooting out of my toaster and now my kitchen smells like a campfire. And the crunchy part is the best part, darn it.

Tess had her 2 week check up yesterday. Their scale has her at 7 lbs 5 oz, which is 2 oz under her birth weight. I still say they don't have their scale calibrated right because she seems bigger than that. Of course, according to their weights, she did gain half a pound in two weeks so I guess that's not too shabby. She's still fitting in her newborn diapers. She has this terrible raw area in her fat creases, that the doc determined was a yeast infection, so I've got some cream for that. It looks painful and makes me feel horrible when I change her diaper and she cries. Hopefully, it will clear up quickly so we can transition over to her cloth diapers. Other than that, nothing too unusual. She looks like a 2 week old. She grew a whole 3/4 inch. I know, exciting, huh? Don't ask me where that puts her percentile wise, because I never pay attention to that. My last three kids have been on the lower end of the growth scale, so I don't sweat over it. I just accept that I have small kids.

3 comments:

Special K said...

OMG look how cute she looks with that backpack on! I can't wait to hear all about her first day.

Rue said...

Hi Carla :)

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and for telling me your story. It's been tough, but hopefully one day.... ;)

Your daughter is an absolute doll baby and I love her new backpack! I hope she had a great day at school :)

rue

Anonymous said...

Those bagels must be done under the broiler, Travis and I both love 'em!!